Friday, August 27, 2021

A New Belly Button




 My name is Solomon. I am 18 years-old and have had liquid draining from my belly button since I was born. The liquid drained every day. I didn’t like it. 

For lack of means my parents brought me to the traditional healer. He gave me  herbal potions to drink. It did not change anything. My shirt was always wet from my draining belly button. The liquid had a bad odor. I avoided being near other people. 

Finally, my parents brought me to Bére Adventist Hospital. Thanks to God and the surgical team who helped me I have a brand new belly button! No smelly liquid drains from it now. My shirt is dry. 

Thank you, 

Solomon. 


This young man had a patent omphalomesenteric duct meaning the connection between his intestines and belly button did not go away like it should normally. Thanks to many kind people we were able to remove this abnormal connection in the operating room.

No comments:

Post a Comment